Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DON'T SAY GOODBYE. JUST, SEE YOU LATER.

today is march 29. and march 29 means, happy 18 months to dash and kaloy. happy candle cakes day to ate dianne, jintot's cousin. and and and! HAPPY GRADUATION TO MELMEL! happy grads to batch 2011! congrats! i know you are all happy. but you what should you feel? SAD. hahaha! it's not that i am encouraging you to feel it. but really, when you get to college, you will miss to the highest level of the mountains above to the positive infinity the days of high school. your school, your uniform, your teachers, your classmates, the lessons, the fun, the brain killer exams, the nerve cracking defenses, the super boring lessons, the break-all-the-rules day, the laughter, the cries, the sleepless nights, the presentations, the dramas, the projects, the creativity, the merienda session in front of the school, the chika moments under the talisay tree, the flag ceremony, the recess at the big and mini canteen, the programs in the gym --- EVERYTHING! when you go to college, there will no longer be things like these. or if there is, it will be different already. yeah. i know we all have to move on with our lives because life is a constant change. but somehow, there will still be times in your life that you will look back to the memories of your high school life and just can't help but smile or cry. yeah. cry. so as for me, i am missing my high school life now. as a tribute or a remembrance or a token or whatever you call it. hahaha! or it's just that, i want to remember my high school life now. as a summary of it, i will post here my salutatory address. yes. you read it right. my salutatory address. i won't explain further what's that. haha! but if you have questions, just ask me. i'll be willing to answer it. so here it is. have fun reading! i hope you will really have fun and not get bored. hahaha! sorry if it's very long. :)



SALUTATORY ADDRESS

“All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know at what time they come.”

            Our school president, Sr. Marietta Banayo, m.a., m.a. sisters, our high school principal, Mrs. Eufrosina Mines, administrators, teachers, staff, parents, guests, friends, fellow graduates, ladies and gentlemen, good afternoon.

            I can still remember the first time I stepped foot in this campus. I was still young then, unconscious of what was happening around me.  It never came into my mind that I would become “this” someday.

            It is just like yesterday, I was still in kindergarten. I remember playing with my clay molding it into different shapes. But now, I woke up with an unusual thought. This day is our high school graduation already. I have to prepare my things and be ready for this very special occasion. It makes me shiver somehow. But I am sure, I am not alone. All of us feel this too, especially my fellow graduates.

High school life is far different from those days back in elementary. In our secondary years, we experienced most of our “firsts” as a teenager. We were so curious of life. There were obstacles that challenged our ways to succeed. We failed sometimes. But, nothing can ever replace the achievement of gaining lessons while experimenting them. We did not escape from responsibilities too! In fact, there were piles of them. From time to time, we thought deeply on how to handle the duty that was given to us. Sometimes, we fall on our knees and cry trying to surrender. We even encountered conflicts from various people. But you know what, we did not let ourselves be carried away, by the hardships that we had, and in the end, the camaraderie still reigned. Oh my, I will really miss those times.

            These experiences simply mean that Assumption has developed our personality. We may not notice it, but little by little we have made a difference in ourselves and in our community. We learned that the key to organization is managing chaos. Look at us now! No wonder, we have really tested ourselves on how strong we are and how far we could go.

            And why have I said that? It is because that ACD has been my family for eleven years. This institution has changed my whole perception in life. They were the ones who opened my eyes and let me believe that even the youth can take a stand in this society. It’s not only in me that I have seen these changes. Even in every student I met everyday, I can say that they slowly learn the Assumptionist’s way. The school’s VMT is also a big help to us. It does not only speak for the few, but rather, it lets us know that many need our assistance. It does not make us ignorant of the reality. It even pushes us to act with dignity and continue to seek for a social transformation that would benefit us all. Let us also put into consideration the characteristics of an Assumptionist. These gave us the wisdom to understand more the path to righteousness. Yes, we will all leave this school, but those traits will live forever in us. Together with the Christian virtues that we have learned from our Alma Mater, let us not be afraid to face any trials that may come our way and we continue to uphold the vision of an Assumptionist wherever we may be.


Yes. It will be diverse in college—new people, new environment, new memories and most especially, new challenges. But we will not be terrified. Assumption has given us the rigid training we need. I can say that this institution does not only supply our academic needs but, it also gives importance to our process of becoming better persons. Many may not perceive it. But, if you will just try to look at the other side of why we have those difficulties, surely you can say that it was for us to ready ourselves for the future. And that is, to continue our journey towards our quest in obtaining a worthy education and to stand on our own feet someday.

We are now left with choices. It is in our hands the power to decide for ourselves. Our families will still be there though. People around us will still guide us. But remember, you can trust them but don’t expect a guarantee. We are the drivers of our own lives. We pilot our own airplane. It now depends to us if we want to dash higher, fly steady or go down. So better work harder and learn to be independent. Maybe some of us have firm decisions already. Some may also have doubts still in their minds. But whatever situation you are in right now, just keep in mind what really makes you happy. Happiness is more of a choice than an option. But also, never forget your limitations and do things with respect to the characteristics of a true Assumptionist.          

Now, we have really come to the end. Sad to say it, but we cannot do something anymore. Even if we still want to stay, we have to go forward, let go, and move on. The clock will continue to tick even if we stop working. So before my time ends here, allow me first to thank all the people who led me to become “this” today.

            To our Almighty Father, thank you very much to You. You never failed me. Thank You for Your constant guidance and for being with me through ups and downs. Even though I sometimes disobey Your will, You are still there for me, never leaving my side. This honor is for Your glory, oh Lord.

            To my family—Papa, Mommy, Arvin, Nanay and Yaya, thank you so much for all the sacrifices you have done for me. Thanks for the love, care and the support in whatever I do. Thank you for understanding my busy schedule that sometimes I do not have time for you anymore. I hope that these will all remain still when I enter a new chapter in my life. 

To all my teachers since the day I started my life here in ACD—Teacher Daisy, Teacher Ivy, Teacher Pauline, Teacher Jo, Teacher Marites, Sir Nelle, Ma’am Grace, Ma’am Glenda, Ma’am Moralde, Ma’am Celeste, Sir Rocky, Sir Banuelos, Ma’am Thelma, Ma’am Llanto, Ma’am Castillo, Ma’am Padin, Ma’am Bardz, Ma’am Cadiz, Ma’am Robles, Sir Dandie, Sir Wel, Ma’am Ambray, Ma’am Rose, Sir Libot, Sr. Lina, Sir Payad, Sir Colango, Ma’am Sayas, Ma’am Zeny, Ma’am Cora, Sir Rex, Sir Migs, Sir Jubelag, Ma’am Diza, Sir Heki, Sir Albarico, Sir Breydi, Sir Montejo, Ma’am Bulanag, Ma’am Figi, Ma’am Villanueva, Ma’am Ging, Sr. Rose, Ma’am Lao, Sir Dais, Sir Eugene, Ma’am Bautista, Ma’am Impot, Sir Encio, Ma’am Carascal, Ma’am Raagas, Ma’am Roni and to the rest of my mentors—THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN ME. Remember the clay that I played when I was still in kinder? We are like it. I am the clay and you are “me”. You all molded me into shapes which led me to be the person I am right now. Thank you for being my second father and mother. I have learned a hundredfold from all of you. To you I owe the knowledge I have today. Thank you so much!!!

To all my friends, accept my heartfelt thanks for accompanying me in all my endeavors. Thank you for giving me a sense of belongingness and for making my high school life so memorable.

To MarJiDiChel, thank you for accepting the change I had and for accepting my life now. Although we had a misunderstanding, I know you did it for my own good. Thank you for the care and for still supporting me until this moment. You really are true friends.

To the joinerz, thanks for understanding that some things are just not meant to be. We had a very bumpy road, I know. But thank you still for giving me a home when I badly needed it. I will never ever replace with something the memories that we shared as one. Those will forever be in my heart.

            To the LDR 789, thank you guys for the group studies. I will surely miss it. Our friendship will still remain even if we will have our own ways soon. Continue to dream bigger and reach your goals. Take good care of yourselves.     
           
            To the T.R.I.P.O.D, thank you. Never in my life had I imagined that we will end up together. But I thank the Lord so much for doing that. Thanks for making me believe in forever again. Don’t ever forget that we are the three legs of the tripod. If one leg is out, WE ALL FALL DOWN. So don’t ever give up. I breathe because both of you exist.

            And to all Gorettianz, OLPHianz, PEDROSITOHZ and MARKerz, thank you for filling up my empty memory box. Now I have a lot of them. In fact, I had to make another one. You simply rocked my world. Thank you.

And to all the people who inspired me, thank you so much. Definitely, you are the reason why I exert more effort in achieving my dreams.

Finally, my time has ended. I will bid farewell with an excerpt from the speech of our valedictorian in grade six.

“My fellow graduates, before you leave our dear Alma Mater tonight, take one long, last look around and commit it to a memory that will last a lifetime.”

            Don’t say goodbye. Just, see you later. =D



Sgd. *insert my real name here* 



PS
this made me cry. i was sobbing while reading this on the stage in front of too many people. :)))
AND! another trivia! i almost slipped ON THE STAGE IN FRONT OF THE TOO MANY PEOPLE that time i finished this speech and was on my way down to take my seat. THAT WAS EPIC! my tears were all converted to laughter! and you could just imagine the reaction of the crowd. hahaha! i wonder if my classmates had a video of it. i wanna see again!!! :)))))))



No comments:

Post a Comment